"The hall is wonderful, but this miracle belongs not only to Pécs and Hungary, but a part of the world's cultural life. I have played at many venues, and I can say that this concert center belongs to the elite. In addition to its beauty, its logistics is also excellent, its atmosphere is warm and pleasant. Architecture is often considered as music set into stone. Well, this time, an architectural Stradivari was created here ... "(Maxim Vengerov)
"A great venue was unveiled in Pécs that resembles the Palace of Art (Müpa) in that it has a stage and a auditorium, but it is also a concert hall of human scale that is equally suitable for a philharmonic-orchestra concerts, chamber music, string quartet, solo piano or solo violin or other solo instrument events" ( Zoltán Kocsis)
Awards and acknowledgments of Kodály Center:
• Design Award 2011
• Media Construction Award 2011
• 2nd place and Special Award at the Hungarian Real Estate Development Tender, Award of Excellence
• Pro Communitate Award (Architects of Építeszstúdió Ltd. Architects)
• FIABCI Prix d'Excellence Award of Ecellence, 2nd place
• National Association of Building Contractors (ÉVOSZ) Construction Industry Award of Excellence
• Interior Designer of the Year Award 2010 by the Interior Design Section of the Hungarian Chamber of Architects for the László Rádóczy and Zsolt Tolnai duo.
10.00am – 6.00pm
+36 72/500-300 (EN)
Breuer Marcell sétány 4.
Ms. Blanka Tatrai
Ms. Eszter Tóth